Dream Girl 2
Dream Girl 2
“Dream Girl 2” is a 2023 Indian Hindi-language comedy-drama movie helmed by Raaj Shaandilyaa and produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor through Balaji Motion Pictures. Serving as a spiritual successor to the 2019 film “Dream Girl,” the movie stars Ayushmann Khurrana, supported by a talented ensemble cast that includes Ananya Panday, Paresh Rawal, Annu Kapoor, Rajpal Yadav, Vijay Raaz, Asrani, Abhishek Banerjee, Manjot Singh, and Seema Pahwa.
The film revolves around a young man who dresses as a woman, leading to comical chaos. Principal photography spanned from August 2022 to March 2023, with a theatrical release on August 25, 2023. It garnered mixed critical reviews but achieved commercial success, grossing ₹127.19 crores worldwide and ranking as the tenth-highest grossing Hindi film of 2023.
- Ayushmann Khurrana as Pooja / Karamveer “Karam” Singh, Jagjit’s son
- Ananya Panday as Pari Srivastava, Karam’s love interest
- Paresh Rawal as Abu Saleem, Shah Rukh’s father
- Annu Kapoor as Jagjit Singh, Karam’s father
- Vijay Raaz as Saajan Tiwari alias Sona Bhai
- Rajpal Yadav as Shoukiya, Abu’s step-son
- Asrani as Yusuf Ali Salim Khan, Abu’s father
- Manoj Joshi as Jaipal Srivastava, Pari’s father
- Seema Pahwa as Jumani, Abu’s sister
- Manjot Singh as Smiley Dhillon
- Abhishek Bannerjee as Shah Rukh Saleem, Abu’s son
- Sudesh Lehri as Baby Baba
- Anusha Mishra as Sakina
- Aakarsh Dutt Chaturvedi as Naveen Srivastav Paris’s Brother
- Ranjan Raj as Tiger Pandey
- Dolly Singh as Tiger Pandey’s sister
- Ritu Singh as Tiger Pandey’s mother
- Raj Sharma as Kukki Dhillon
- Rajat Poddar as Doctor
- Javed Haider as Inspector Gopal Das
- Raj Qushal as Ali
- Raj Bhansali as Quli
- Sapna Sand as Principal
The film’s music is crafted by Meet Bros, Tanishk Bagchi, and Arko, with Hitesh Sonik handling the background score. The initial track, “Dil Ka Telephone 2.0,” made its debut on August 10, 2023. Following that, the second single, “Naach,” was unveiled on August 16, 2023, while the third single, “Jamnapaar,” graced listeners’ ears on August 21, 2023.
|1.||“Dil Ka Telephone 2.0”||Kumaar||Meet Bros||Meet Bros, Jonita Gandhi, Jubin Nautiyal||5:09|
|2.||“Naach”||Shaan Yadav||Tanishk Bagchi||Nakash Aziz||2:54|
|3.||“Jamnapaar”||Kumaar, Jonita Gandhi||Meet Bros||Meet Bros, Neha Kakkar, Maanuni Desai, Samaaira Chandhoke||3:35|
|4.||“Mai Marjawangi”||Rashmi Virag||Meet Bros||Meet Bros, Sunidhi Chauhan, Danish Sabri||4:28|
Back in September 2022, it was revealed that the movie was initially slated for a theatrical release on June 29, 2023. However, this date was moved up by a week to June 23, 2023. Subsequently, the release date was adjusted once more to July 7, 2023. Finally, on April 24, 2023, a new release date was confirmed, which happened to be August 25, 2023.
As of September 4, 2023, the film has amassed a substantial box office collection in India, totaling ₹102.57 crore (approximately US$13 million). Additionally, it has garnered ₹13.37 crore (about US$1.7 million) in overseas markets. Altogether, the film has raked in an impressive worldwide total of ₹115.94 crore (equivalent to US$15 million).