Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Global Skills Scholarship offered by Global Indian International School (GIIS) is one of the most prestigious scholarships that can put your kid right on the global map in this competitive world. Dr.Abdul Kalam scholarship does just that. It is a specialized scholarship for the tech-savvy students of today’s world. Making students aware of the digital tools and their benefits in their education is the need of the hour.
It aims to nurture students with a natural inclination towards gadgets and technology. The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage the children to embrace modern technologies and take a leap towards the future. In this article, we will talk about the various benefits of the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship and how it can help students take more interest in the field of technology and education.
About Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Global Skills Scholarship
Before we enlist the benefits of this scholarship, it is important to know about the details of this scholarship as well.
The scholarship is divided into three categories:
- This category includes the students obtaining a national rank amongst top 10 students at the Olympiad conducted by SOF/STEM Olympiad/Robotics Olympiad or the students who stood national 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the annual competition of National Children’s Science Congress
- The scholarship allows students to avail 9% waiver on the tuition fees
- Students securing a national rank amongst top 20 students at the Olympiad conducted by SOF/STEM Olympiad/Robotics Olympiad or students who stood state 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the annual competition of National Children’s Science Congress fall within this category
- This category also includes students who were a part of rank 1 teams at ISRO Space Quiz, NSS-National Space Settlement
- The eligible students can avail 6% waiver on the tuition fees
- Students getting a national rank amongst top 30 students at the Olympiad conducted by SOF/STEM Olympiad/Robotics Olympiad or the students who were among the top 10 Rankers at any national/ international competitions organized by IT giants such as Microsoft, Google, Adobe, Intel, etc., especially Google Science Fair
- Top 10 Rankers at National / State / International Level Robot Olympiad are also included in this category along with the students who were part of Ranking 2 teams at ISRO Space Quiz, NSS-National Space Settlement
- Such students can avail 3% waiver on the tuition fees.
Benefits of Taking Dr. Abdul Kalam Scholarship
Lessen the Financial Burden:
Well, this is a no-brainer. Scholarships are primarily given to lessen the financial cost of education for the deserving students. This will allow the parents to afford a better education for their children without putting themselves under any financial stress.
Reduce the Gap of Inequality:
In the modern era of transparency and growth, no deserving child should be left behind due to any sense of prevalent inequality. A Dr.Abdul Kalam scholarship like this will give you the required platform to launch your child in the world of quality education.
Nurture skills in the area of interest:
With a scholarship that is specifically designed for gadget and technology lovers, GIIS aims to push young students to pursue their passion and bring forth new innovations in the society.
Getting a prestigious scholarship can really help students build credentials that can serve students for their lifetime. The student are also valued for their efforts and is motivated to pursue their dream harder.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
You can apply and follow steps listed below:
Step 1: Application – You have to duly fill and submit the application form.
Step 2: Documentation – Need to upload all the pre-requisite documents.
The list of pre-requisite documents includes:
- Academic records for the past two years
- Paper, thesis or published documents
- Technology project documents
Step 3: Notification – Successful applicants are informed by email within ten working days.
Step 4: Scholarship Assessment – Each selected application will then be duly processed to assess the scholarship that has to be given
Step 5: One-to-one Interview round with the board members (if applicable)
Step 6: Final step is getting selected for the scholarship and subsequent disbursal
Hence, getting the Dr.Abdul Kalam scholarship has a lot of inherent benefits for both the children and their parents. This is a unique initiative which lets students harness their power of questioning and curiosity by delving into the world of technology.
Providing your kid with the right mentorship at the right age with the aid of this scholarship will push them in the right direction. Make sure you don’t miss out on the wonderful opportunity if you think your child has the right inclination and requires the right platform to hone their skills.